Most owners of cats and dogs need to know how to feed water for cats and dogs to ensure their health. However, water also plays a very important role for dogs and cats, just like the role of water in our bodies. So, how to get cats to drink water properly to ensure their nutritional ability? Read the article below for answers!.
1. The role of water with cats and dogs?:
Recommendations of scientists: "Water accounts for 80% of the pet's body. Give them water! ” So give them regular water to increase metabolism.
2. How is water from cat and dog food?:
Prepared dry food (grain): 10% moisture.
Pre-moistened food (grain): moisture content of 40-50%.
Canned food: humidity 75-85%.
Vegetables, roots and fruits: 50-70% of water.
As you can see, only through food, can cats and dogs cannot get enough water for the body's metabolism. Especially dry grain foods will cause inflammation of the kidneys, urinary tract if not providing enough drinking water.
3. Can people feed water for dogs and cats?:
- Cool boiled water has destroyed no less bacteria and toxic substances but also altered the natural structure of water, lost oxygen and some trace elements needed for the body. So, cooled boiled water is not the best drink for dogs and cats.
- Mineral water: Unfortunately, although mineral water (true mineral water) provides the body with necessary minerals, there are also salts and mixtures that can not be used by dogs and cats. Mineral salts will be concentrated in muscles, joints, long-term deformities, reduced mobility and composition in water can cause sludge, grit, kidney stones, urinary ... especially with dogs, old cat.
- Gas water, soft drinks of people: It can be refreshments and people's preferences, but for cats and dogs, they will not like these types of water because of the strange taste.
4. What kind of water is suitable for cats and dogs?:
The best water for cats and dogs is natural clean water, possibly rain water, water from the water supply hose because there are not many dangerous microorganisms. It is not necessary to boil like human drinking water.
5. How can dogs and cats drink water?:
– It is best to meet the needs of drinking water. Water is available everywhere and can be given to dogs and cats when needed. – Do not let cats drink water of unknown source.