Currently, pet has become popular. However, pets are also at risk for certain diseases. Sometimes we often ignore the initial symptoms that make them very sick and very difficult to cure. To make sure they live long and healthy, we need to conduct regular home inspections.
1. Measure temperature:
To check regularly at home, you can buy a special thermometer that measures a pet’s temperature by placing the probe in the ear.
The normal temperature range of cats is 100 ° F – 102.5 ° F (37.7 ° C – 39.1 ° C).
The average temperature in dogs is usually 101 ° F (38 ° C), but it is better if it is higher or lower than this by 1 to 2 degrees.
2. Measure and control your pet’s heart rate:
For this process, you will need to prepare a stopwatch or a timer function on the smartphone.
– To measure the cat’s heart rate, just place your hand on the chest behind the cat’s elbow. Count beats for 15 seconds and multiply the result by 4 times. The normal heart rate of cats is 140-220 beats per minute.
– To measure the heart rate of a dog, place the palm on the chest under the armpit. Count the beat similar to the above. The normal heart rate of a dog is 70-120 beats per minute (depending on the size of the animal).
– Check your pet’s eye problems: Eye problems are one of the most common reasons for dogs and cats to visit a vet. Eye infections have many different forms, one of the causes of blindness, leaving serious consequences. That’s why it’s important to check and clean your eyes. In case you notice that their eyes have any inflammation, do not hesitate to see a veterinarian.
3. Check ears to find ticks and scratches:
A pet’s ear test can help you detect parasites and infections early. Check carefully both outside and inside. It should be noted that when a pet has one of the following symptoms: earache, smell, inflamed skin, a bump, strange object in the ear.
4. Keep pet’s feet and nails healthy:
Check pet’s feet and pet claws regularly because these parts are always in contact with the soil and are vulnerable. If you notice your feet bleeding, do everything you can to prevent them from getting infected.
5. Dental care for pets:
You should bring your pet to your veterinarian to check teeth at least once a year. At home, you should also pay close attention to their dental problems such as: broken or loose teeth, unusual chewing or drooling, stop eating, bleeding teeth, toothache. Besides, regularly brushing your pet’s teeth is the most effective way to keep your teeth healthy.